A warm welcome to Dr. Xiaoying Xu who has joined the Raker Research Group as a postdoctoral researcher!
A warm welcome to Rebecca Gibbons who has joined the Raker Research Group as a doctoral student!
- Reisner, B. A., Smith, S. R., Stewart, J. L., Raker, J. R., Crane, J. L., Sobel, S. G., & Pesterfield, L. (ASAP). Great expectations: Using an analysis of current practices to propose a framework for the undergraduate inorganic curriculum . Inorganic Chemistry.
A warm welcome to Dr. Sachel Villafañe-Garcia who has joined the Raker Research Group as a postdoctoral researcher!
Dr. Raker gave an invited talk, "Assessment… Intended, actual, and unintended learning," at the 2015 VIPEr Workshop hosted by the University of Washington.
Dr. Raker gave a poster, "An exploration of the meaning undergraduate students ascribe to reaction coordinate diagrams," at the 2015 GRC: CERP.
Dr, Raker gave an invited talk, "Promoting student understanding of reaction mechanisms through written self-explanations," at the 98th Canadian Chemistry Conference and Exhibition in Ottawa, Canada.
"Examining the impact of chemistry education research articles from 2007 through 2013 by citation counts."
"Foundation coursework in undergraduate inorganic chemistry: Results from a national survey of inorganic chemistry faculty."
"In-depth coursework in undergraduate inorganic chemistry: Results from a national survey of inorganic chemistry faculty."
- Dr. Raker presented a paper on "Incorporating research practice into instructional practice: An approach to undergraduate organic chemistry education" at the 2014 International Conference on Chemical Education (Toronto, Canada; July 26, 2014)
- Dr. Raker has a JCE article in ASAP. Investigating faculty familiarity with assessment terminology by applying cluster analysis to interpret survey data. (June 15, 2014)
- Dr. Raker presented a paper on "Student performance along the general chemistry, organic chemistry, biochemistry course sequence" at the 247th ACS National Meeting (Dallas, Texas; March 19, 2014)
- Dr. Raker became a founding member of the USF Center for the Improvement of Teaching and Research in Undergraduate STEM Education (CITRUS) (Spring 2014)
- Ben Van Norman, graduate student, joined the Raker Research Group (August 2013)
- Raker Research Group established at the University of South Florida (August 7, 2013)